These adorable yarn monsters are a super fun activity for Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year!
You’ll need: yarn, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, a glue gun, paper cups, a piece of cardboard or cardstock (2 and 1/2 inches by 4 inches), scissors and paper
- Wrap your yarn around your cut piece of cardboard or cardstock the long way 150-200 times.
- On one side of the cardboard, tie a knot around the center of the yarn.
- Flip the cardboard over and cut through the center of the yarn, and this will act as your main hair pom pom.
- Next, get a paper cup and flip it upside down. Glue your pom pom to the top of the cup, which may require a glue gun.
- Make a second yarn pom pom by wrapping your yarn around the cardboard piece the short way 20-30 times.
- Glue this pom pom on top of the first one you made.
- Time to decorate your yarn monster! Glue on googly eyes, and make antennas out of pipe cleaner to glue into the monster’s yarn hair.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.