Didn’t get the chance to make a Valentine’s Day craft? Spread some extra love this week by making this threaded heart that helps improve fine motor skills!
You’ll need: a paper plate, a sheet of paper, a pencil, a hole punch, thread (red and white) and scissors
- Cut your sheet of paper to be 8×8. Then, fold it in half and cut out a heart on the folded line.
- Trace your heart onto the paper plate and cut the plate into the heart shape, but about 1/4 inch large than your traced heart.
- Punch holes all along the line from tracing your heart, leaving about a 1/2 inch space between each hole punch.
- Weave the end of your thread in and out of the holes until you reach where you started. Then, tie the two ends into a knot.
- Weave a second piece of thread into the back of any hole and through the front of any top hole across. Weave it through the back of the neighboring hole and repeat this process until you are happy with how much the heart is threaded.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.