Trim the Holidays, Not the Fun!
The Holiday season often revolves around our traditions and the belief systems they revolve around. This season is also a time for family, friends and feeling good! As with most things, we need to get the good with the bad when it
comes to celebrating during the Holidays. Happiness is quickly spread during this time of year, but stress is also ever present.
If you’re feeling stressed or can see stress on the horizon, there are some simple steps you can take to decrease the pressure you’re feeling and increase the happiness! Here are the steps:
- Whatever your reasons for celebrating (whether they be religious, cultural or traditional), take the time to remember why and what you’re celebrating.
- Look for joy in small, daily happenings. Sometimes, the small stuff is what really matters.
- Spend time thinking of something special to gift to your someone specials. Think about where they are in their life, what they enjoy and what they truly need. Get your someone specials something that they will appreciate. Some good ideas include: coupons promising a monthly meal or snow shoveling, photo journals, personalized calendars or a personalized bulletin board.
- When thinking of gifts, plan what you can afford to spend and then stick to that budget. Impulse buying and over-buying results in unneeded holiday stress.
- Focus on making memories. Pick up supplies for scrapbooks or a family journal to document your 2015 holiday season.
- Take time to consider your time. Are you really able to help out at that holiday party AND host your own? You don’t need to say “yes” to every social event you’re invited to. Plan time to relax with your family and make sure to schedule “me” time!
- Bring the holiday spirit to your house with some homemade decorations! Keep a budget in mind because you definitely don’t want to overspend on decorations. Consider using an old pair of ice skates or sled as decorations. Display your children’s holiday artwork around the house or ask them to make some!
- Plan your holiday feast ahead of time! Enlist some help if you need to. Ask family members to make and bring specific dishes.
- During festivities, be sure to stay hydrated. Drinking water throughout the day helps you curb the desire to pick at those holiday treats!
- Plan time for yourself, including time to exercise. It can be as simple as a quick walk around the block! Exercise can help you get a good night’s sleep and will help you to feel recharged during the Holidays!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.