Making a rainbow in a bag is a great sensory art activity without a huge mess!
You’ll need: 1 cup flour, 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of salt, 7 bowls, tape, cardstock, plastic bags and food coloring
- In a pot, whisk together the water, flour and salt and put it on the stove on low heat. Whisk until a smooth substance begins to form.
- Add one tablespoon of the mixture to each of your 7 bowls.
- Add about 20 drops of food coloring to each bowl for every color in the rainbow. You can use different colors or mix colors if you do not have each color of a rainbow!
- Cut your cardstock so that it will fit inside the plastic zip bag. Lay the bag on the table with the cardstock.
- Lift the plastic bag open and insert a teaspoon of paint into the bottom of the bag, careful that the paint doesn’t touch the sides of the bag.
- Press down on the plastic bag from the outside to help get all of the paint off the spoon.
- Repeat this process with each color. Once all of the colors are lined up, close the seal and fold over the extra bag space.
- Tape down the bag’s seal so that the bag stays in place.
- Now you can play! From the outside of the bag, begin pushing the paints across the canvas. Some of the colors may blend together but this activity will lead to an awesome rainbow!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.