Try out scratch art as you make a colorful winter hat!
You’ll need: white cardstock, oil pastels, black acrylic paint, paintbrushes, toothpicks, pom poms, a pencil, white glue and scissors
- First, on your white cardstock, draw an outline in pencil of your winter hat. It can be a style like the one in the photo, or you can shape it a bit differently!
- With the oil pastels, color in the hat. Use any variety of colors and you can make various patterns!
- Cut out your hat and then paint a thin layer of black paint over the painted hat design. If your paint has a thick consistency, it can be helpful to mix a couple drops of paint with dish soap so it will scratch off easier. Be sure to let the paint dry completely before moving onto the next step.
- Using a toothpick, scratch designs on your winter hat and see the colors come through from the painted design!
- Once you finish scratching your design, you can glue pom poms to the top of your hat.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.