This snowflake art project is the perfect winter craft that helps improve fine motor skills!
You’ll need: snowflake paper plates (or draw snowflakes on the front of plain paper plates), push pin, steel yarn needle, yarn, scissors, tape
- Use your push pin to poke holes in each of the end points and intersecting points of your snowflake on the paper plate. Make sure the holes are showing through the bottom of the paper plate so they are prepped for bringing the yarn needle through.
- Cut off a big piece of yarn. Thread one end through your yarn needle and tie a knot at the base of the needle. Tie a double knot at the end of the yarn.
- Thread the needle and yarn through the center hole in the plate on the front of the plate, and you’ll now use all of the holes to thread a snowflake pattern with the yarn. To complete the snowflake pattern, you’ll have to go through some of the holes twice.
- Once you finish threading the pattern, cut off the excess yarn and tape the loose yarn that was threaded to the plate.
- On the back of the paper plate, you will see your beautiful snowflake pattern! Feel free to add glitter or sequins, or hang up your snowflake just as it is!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.