For the final Winter Workshop blog we will focus on creating home-made gifts. Not only is it fun for everyone but it is also a great way to save some money, yet give great home-made gifts that friends and family will be sure to love!
An easy and fun (not to mention tasty!) present to give is a mason jar filled with the ingredients for making cookies! Chocolate chip is the most popular cookie, but pick your favorite cookie- sugar, oatmeal raisin, or even gingerbread!
1. By having the kids measure out the ingredients and layer them, it will help them to learn about measuring and counting.
2. Once the ingredients are layered and the top secured tie the recipe to the top with fun ribbons, maybe cut it in a fun design using crazy-cut scissors!
3. Some other fun touches include attaching a cookie cutter, or creating your own label on a large sticker! Have fun and personalize your gift!
Need help finding a recipe? Check out this site, its full of great recipes for many, many differnt kinds of cookies!
2. When its dry put in tea-lights; the candles will light up the jar so it will look like stained glass.
These lights look great in bunches, maybe on a mantel or a couple on the dinner table.
The most fun of all though can be creating gifts that you can eat! The old saying “one for you, one for me” may come into play here, especially with so many delicious treats!
1. In a fondue style using melted chocolate, dip marshmallows in. (or anything you want like pretzels)
2. Then cover them with other goodies like jimmies or crushed up peppermint sticks is a great treat!
And you will probably not be able to resist stealing one or two, just to make sure it tastes just right!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.