Hand Print Butterflies
With just a few materials and your hand print, make a super colorful butterfly!
You’ll need: colored card stock, googly eyes, a black marker, scissors, a glue stick, a pencil and a circle punch (optional)
- Trace your child’s hand print on two different colors of paper. Do this twice to have four hand prints.
- Use your circle punch or scissors to cut a circle from a new color paper (different from the hand prints) that will be the butterfly’s head.
- Cut out an elongated oval shape for the butterfly’s body. Make sure the body is long enough to extend to the bottom of the hand print.
- Next, using the same color paper as the head, cut out two small ovals to make antennae.
- Place one hand print with the thumb facing up and fingers to the side, rotated out slightly. Position the other hand print the same way, only this time rotate it down.
- Where the hands overlap, glue them together. Repeat this step with the other two hand prints. Each set acts as the butterfly’s wings.
- With the bottom of the hands facing in, glue the pair of wings together.
- Assemble the rest of the butterfly by gluing the antennae to the back of the head and then gluing the complete head to the body.
- Glue the complete body to the the middle of the hand print wings.
- On the head, glue on googly eyes and add the butterfly’s smile.
- If you want to get even more creative, use your circle punch or scissors to cut out circles or other designs to add a pattern to the butterfly’s wings!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.