We recently started our Cooking With Kids series! We tested out different spreads and toppings such as yogurt and caramel to see what you liked best, and even made apple, cheese and chicken paninis.
We asked you how you eat your apples, and this is what you had to say!
- Add apples to your coleslaw to give it a tastey crunch!
- Make homemade applesauce, it’s easy and delicious.
- Slice apples and spread either almond butter or peanut butter on top.
- Dice up an apple and add it to tuna salad, you can add cranberries too!
- Dice up an apple and add it to your holiday stuffing.
- Bake an apple pie.
- Make caramel or candy apples.
- Slice up an apple and drizzle honey on top for an easy snack.
- Make a grilled cheese and apple sandwhich.
- Make some apple pancakes for breakfast!
- Add apples to any salad.
- Make apple popcorn balls.
- Brew some mulled apple cider.
- Bake your apples and put icecream on top!
- Bake some spiced apple bread.
- Make a peanut butter and sliced apple sandwich.
- Make an apple gravy for a pork dinner.
Some reasons why we should eat apples
- They make for a quick, easy, and portable snack!
- They are high in fiber and low in calories.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants.
- Apples are known to be “brain food”.
- They are easy to cook and bake with.
- They help fight against certain cancers.
- Apples are a good source of boron, which helps bone growth and density.
- Let’s just say an apple a day really can keep the doctor away!
Some great places to go apple picking!
- Tougas Family Farm, in Northboro MA
- Honey Pot Hill Orchard, in Stow MA
- C.N Smith Farm, in East Bridgewater MA
- Red Apple Farm, in Phillipston MA
- Russell Orchards, in Ipswich MA
- Cider Hill Farm, in Amesbury MA
- Highland Farm Orchard, in Holliston MA
- Marino Lookout Farm, in Natick MA
Don’s miss the next event of our series, Canning with Rosa. Join us and learn how to can and preserve fresh ingredients on Tuesday, October 23. Click here to check out Cooking with Kids!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.