Social Distance Learning: Puffy Paint
Project: Puffy Paint
Video Tutorial: puffy paint
If you’ve never made puffy paint, you really must. It’s super easy and such a blast for kids to work with!
1. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Slowly add water, mixing as you pour, so that you get a batter with a thick consistency.
2. Divide the batter into 3 or 4 smaller bowls. Add your choice of food coloring and mix well.
3. Spoon the colored batter into plastic piping bags or sealable Ziploc bags. Squeeze out excess air and secure with a twist tie or elastic. If you have small squirt bottles, these work great, too.
4. If using a plastic bag, snip a corner so kids can squeeze the batter onto heavy paper, cardboard or even white paper plates.
5. When they are finished, place the masterpiece into the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
The paint puffs up better in areas where it is thickly applied.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.