Did you know you can make your own ice cream with freshly fallen snow? This not only is a tasty winter treat, but helps kids learn about states of matter as they make their own ice cream!
You’ll need: 8-12 cups of freshly fallen snow, a 300 ml can of sweetened condensed milk (10 oz), 1 tsp of vanilla, a large bowl, a measuring cup and a wooden spoon
- Start by filling your bowl with the a portion of your snow and set the remainder aside in another bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla to the snow.
- Next, pour half of the can of milk over the snow.
- Use your wooden spoon to stir and combine these ingredients.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of the remaining fresh snow and then add the rest of the condensed milk. You’ll notice that the milk will start to freeze because of the snow, making the mixture thick and icy.
- Time to dig in and enjoy!
Sponsored by CME’s STEAM Education Partner, National Grid.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.