How we are playing safe:
- In accordance with state guidelines, the Museum will re-open at reduced capacity to allow for proper social distancing. Safe distancing will also be facilitated by visits limited to 2 two-hour playtimes.
- Staff will be wearing masks, having daily temperature checks and washing our hands regularly.
- All visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose. Visitors must bring masks with them. We will have a limited number of masks available for purchase if needed.
- We will not be taking temperatures of visitors however we request if anyone in your home is sick that you stay home.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, self-sanitation stations and dirty toy bins have been installed around the Museum. We recommend bringing your own hand sanitizer as well and encourage frequent use.
- Cleaning will happen before, during, and after your visit.
- Loose parts and manipulatives in each exhibit will be removed and replaced with a fresh set at the beginning of each play session.
- The Museum will be cleaned between each two-hour play session. All high touch areas and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Air purifiers have been installed around the Museum.
- Some exhibits have been adjusted to allow for adequate social distancing.
- All exhibits have recommended capacity limits based on CDC guidelines. Play zones have been marked on the floors to ensure visitors adhere to these guidelines and signage has been installed throughout the Museum to communicate how many people are allowed in each exhibit and zone. We ask visitors to be mindful of these limitations and respectful of other Museum guests while understanding that social distancing is hard for children.
What Visitors Should Expect
- Mask covering the nose and mouth are mandatory for all visitors over two years old. Visitors not meeting this regulation will be asked to leave.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance online and must be presented upon admission. Tickets will not be for sale at the Museum and we cannot accommodate walk-ins. If you cannot purchase online you may call the Museum to make a phone reservation. All members will email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their play time during Museum business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm).
- Tickets are only valid for the date and time on your ticket so be sure to check the date and time on your ticket. Tickets are not refundable. We may be able to accommodate playtime rescheduling prior to 48 hours of ticket day, but not guaranteed. Call the Museum with questions.
- The Museum will be open for 1 two-hour playtime session. You may enter and leave during this session but not prior or after.
- Strollers, diaper bags, sippy cups, pacifiers and other personal items of this nature will not be permitted in the Museum. Please leave these items in the car and plan accordingly. Infants may use pacifiers if necessary, however please ensure they are on a clip to prevent them from falling to the ground.
- All seating has been removed from the Museum to ensure high traffic areas stay clear and allow for adequate spacing for social distancing.
- To ensure adherence to all health and safety protocols, children must stay with their parents at all times.
- The Makerspace has been temporarily removed to meet health and safety guidelines.
Online Ticketing and Timed Visits
The Museum will offer 1 two-hour play session per day on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Morning Play 10:00 -12:00
Members must email email@example.com directly to make their reservation during Museum business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm). Please be sure that your email includes your name, the date and time you'd like to reserve, the number of people in your party and a cell phone number in the event that we need to contact you. For our first few months getting up and running again, we kindly ask that all members only have 1 active reservation to visit the Museum at a time. We want to ensure that all members get a chance to visit the Museum as we work toward resuming normal operations. For the safety of our visitors and staff, we are limited to 15 member spots per play time so we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Reservations are first come, first serve.
Please use a current email address when purchasing your tickets to ensure we can contact you if adjustments to your reservation need to be made.
There are a limited number of visits reservations available for each time slot.
For the first month of our opening, we cannot offer any discounted admission as we resume operations. We will offer our ACM, Bluestar and EBT discounted admission as soon as we can. We appreciate your understanding.
Patience and Respect is Mandatory
We understand that kids need to play. We also understand that kids are struggling to understand all of these rules and that fact can create a very stressful situation for caregivers and kids alike.
These are our expectations and hopes for safe and respectful play during the pandemic.
- We expect that visitors will meet our health and safety requirements.
- We expect there to be meltdowns and tears (definitely from kids, maybe from parents!)
- We expect kindness, understanding and respect from all visitors and staff.
- We hope parents and caregivers will support each other and offer words of encouragement when challenges arise.
- We expect caregivers will be mindful of taking turns in different play zones to ensure all kids have a chance to play.
- We hope you know that we understand some of these protocols are challenging and that you understand our team is working very hard to ensure your safety.